Dr. Anthony J. Kameen, M.D.
Dr. Anthony J. Kameen, M.D., LASIK Eye Surgery, SBK Advanced LASIK, Laser Eye Surgery, Cataract Surgery, Lens Implant Surgery, CK, Yag Laser, Limbal Relaxing Incisions, Latisse, and Selective Laser Trabeculoplasy (SLT) Expert.
Trusted LASIK Surgeon
Dr. Anthony J. Kameen, MD
Dr. Anthony Kameen is considered to be one of the most experienced and respected refractive surgeons in the country. He is currently engaged as a National/International Physician Trainer and has helped train many of the LASIK surgeons now practicing today.
Dr. Anthony Kameen's practice Kameen Eye Associates has received national recognition as one of the most technologically advanced practices in the industry.
Appointments, Information, Consultation and Surgery:
Call today for your free LASIK consultation with a true LASIK expert who is a trusted eye surgeon and vision care specialist. Dr. Kameen's
exceptional qualifications are listed below.
1104 Kenilworth Drive, Suite 200
Towson, MD 212042
Serving patients seeking LASIK and cataract surgery as well as other refractive surgery procedures from Washington D.C., Baltimore, Bethesda,
Annapolis, Frederick, Towson, and surrounding areas in Maryland as well as Arlington and Falls Church in Virginia the US an International clients.
Special discount* on LASIK and other elective surgery procedures offered by Dr. Kameen to members of U.S. military, local police and fire departments and certain family members, Please contact the surgeon’s office directly and mention Trusted LASIK Surgeons.
Website:Kameen Eye Associates
To contact Dr. Kameen’s office online please visit:Contact
Form for Dr. Anthony Kameen
(Please let Dr. Kameen know you found him through his Trusted LASIK Surgeons listing)
Testimonials for Kameen
Credentials and Qualifications
Dr. Anthony Kameen has extensive qualifications that Trusted LASIK Surgeons estimates place him among the top 1% of LASIK, laser eye surgery, refractive, and cataract surgery specialists in the United States.
For your convenience, these credentials and criteria have been grouped by Experience, Premier Patient Care and Credentials. In addition, Dr. Kameen has included some additional career highlights that while not used by Trusted LASIK Surgeons in our screening process, clearly demonstrate his highly distinguished career as a true pioneer in advancing vision correction surgery throughout the world.
Dr. Kameen's surgeons and cataract surgery experts include:
- First laser eye surgeon in Baltimore, Maryland to perform FDA approved Photorefractive Keratotomy(PRK)
- Performed over 10,000 PRK procedures
- First laser eye surgeon in Baltimore, Maryland to perform LASIK in 1997
- Performed over 60,000 LASIK procedures
- First refractive surgeon in Baltimore, Maryland to perform the following corneal procedures including
- Radial Keratotomy (over 4000 procedures)
- Astigmatic Keratotomy (over 2000 procedures)
- Automated Lamellar Keratectomy (over 100 procedures).
- Over 14 years experience in laser vision surgery, including LASIK
- Over 18 years experience in refractive surgery, including laser vision, IOLs, RK and other vision correction procedures
- Over 25 years experience in cataract surgery (including cataract
surgery with lens implants)
- Performed over 70,000 LASIK and other laser vision procedures
- Performed over 10,000 lens implant (IOL) procedures
- Performed over 10,000 cataract surgery procedures
- Refractive and Cataract Surgery Expert Witness: Over 15 years experience providing expert witness services on behalf of the defense, including case review and expert testimony for cases involving the following refractive and cataract eye surgery procedures >
- LASIK, PRK laser eye surgery, corneal transplants, cataract surgery, conductive keratoplasty, intraocular lens (IOL) implant procedures, including toric lenses, phakic lenses, monofocal lenses, multifocal lenses, and accommodating lenses
- Reviewed or provided expert witness testimony for over 20 cases
Premier Patient Care
- “All-Laser” LASIK (bladeless) using the IntraLase laser
- Wavefront Based (“Custom”) LASIK and PRK laser eye surgery using the Wavelight/Allegretto(Alcon) 400hz laser
- Offers complete refractive surgery care
- LASIK and PRK laser eye surgery
- SBK Advanced LASIK
- Intraocular lens implant surgery (IOLs) including Refractive Lensectomy (RLE) or Clear Lensectomy (CLE) using monofocal lenses, multifocal lenses, accommodating lenses, Restor lenses, phakic lenses and toric lenses
- Conductive Keratoplasty (CK)
- Limbal Relaxing Incisions
- Advanced Ocular Analysis
- Selective Laser Trabeculoplasy(SLT)
- Yag Laser: Capsulotomy and Peripheral Iridotomy
- Cataract Eye Surgery (including cataract surgery with lens implants)
- phacoemulsification and intraocular lens implantation
- Lenses Implants: Clear Lens Extraction, Refractive Lens Exchange, Phakic IOLs
- No stitch cataract surgery
- 10 minute outpatients cataract surgery
- No patch cataract surgery
- All Laser LASIK enhancement over previous cataract surgery
- Management of complications of surgery for new patients who had problems and complications from LASIK surgery or another vision
correction operation or cataract surgery performed by another eye doctor
- Other eye surgeons, optometrists, opticians, employees of companies that specialize in vision correction surgery devices or products, and/or their family members have chosen Dr. Kameen to perform their LASIK or another vision correction procedure or cataract surgery procedure.
Certifications to train refractive eye surgeons for use of lasers and other vision correction procedures
Past Professional Positions
Hospital Staff Appointments
Past Hospital Staff Appointments
Professional Society and Organizations- Membership and Affiliations
- Medical Director TLC Laser Eye Centers (Baltimore/Annapolis)
- Medical Director – LCA Vision
- LCA Vision –Baltimore
- LCA Vision-Annapolis
- LCA Vision-Bethesda
- LCA Vision-Tysons Corner
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Over 100 lectures on research topics at major eye meetings
- Trusted by the leading laser manufacturers and makers of other refractive surgery products.
- In addition to his certifications to train other eye physicians in the proper use of lasers for vision correction surgery, Dr. Kameen regularly makes presentations serves as a representative and make presentations on behalf of leading ophthalmic companies, including AMO/Visx, Alcon, Refractac, and Marco
- Taught over 100 courses at major eye meetings
- Reviewer for the following professional ophthalmology journals:
- Cataract and Refractive Surgery Today
- Ophthalmic Surgery News
- Ophthalmology Times
Additional Career Highlights
- Charitable and Volunteer Activities
- Helping Up Mission, a need based Baltimore City mission for drug/alcohol addicted and homeless men that offers a year long program.
- Medical Director and Board Member
- Founded the eye clinic on site and has been performing free eyecare for the homeless at the mission for over 10 years
- Dr. Kameen typically volunteers for 10 hours per week
- Maryland Society for Sight
- Dr. Kameen has worked with the Maryland Society for Sight to provide eyeglasses, cre for cataracts, glaucoma, and more serious and neglected eye care needs
- Numerous missions trips to third world countries to provide eyecare, including Pakistan, Afghanistan, Honduras, Guatemala, the Dominican Republic, Haiti.
- Voted “Best in Ophthalmology” in both Baltimore and Washingtonian magazines
- 2006-present: LVCI Top 50 US Refractive MD
- 2003-2005: LVCI Top 5 US Refractive MD
- 2000-2002: TLC Top 10 US Refractive MD
- 1999: Visx Top 50 US Refractive MD1998 Visx Top 50 US Refractive MD
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science in Biology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007
- Medical School: M.D., Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC 20007
- Residency:Ophthalmology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary/Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Internship (Flexible): Chestnut Hill Hospital, Philadelphia, PA 19118
- Residency: Greater Baltimore Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21204
Chief Resident Ophthalmology
Anthony J. Kameen, M.D.
Medical Director, Ophthalmologist, Specializing in Laser Vision Correction
Dr.Anthony Kameen is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist specializing in refractive surgery and laser vision correction. A 1982 graduate of Georgetown University Medical School, Dr. Kameen went on to complete his Ophthalmology residency at the Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC) and was named Chief Resident of the Department in 1986. He later played a significant role in pioneering laser vision correction, having performed the first government approved Excimer laser vision correction procedure, the first LASIK IntraLase® procedure and the first NearVisionSM CK® procedure in the Baltimore area.
Dr.Kameen’s vast clinical experience and impressive results have earned him an international reputation for excellence, drawing patients from around the world. He has been voted “Top Doctor” in the field of Ophthalmology/Laser Vision Correction in both the Baltimore and Washingtonian magazines and he has received the “Top Doctor” award from both the VISX Corporation and the LVCI Corporation as one of their most accomplished surgeons. Dr. Kameen has also been awarded LVCI’s “Top Five” Award given to the top five surgeons in the country. Additionally, Kameen Eye Associates has received national recognition as one of the most technologically advanced practices in the industry.
Dr. Kameen is considered to be one of the most experienced and respected refractive surgeons in the country. He is currently engaged as a National/International Physician Trainer and has helped train many of the LASIK surgeons now practicing today. In fact, Dr. Kameen has also treated many of these physicians and their families, as well as members of his own family..
Dr. Kameen can personally attest to the power of Laser vision correction, having had his own nearsightedness and astigmatism corrected over ten years ago. He now enjoys 20/20 vision without glasses or contacts.
View Baltimore LASIK Surgeon Anthony J. Kameen, M.D. Curriculum Vitae
Please call 410.339.7200 or visit Kameen Eye Associates today for your free LASIK consultation with a trusted expert LASIK eye surgeon and vision care specialist who is also a cataract surgeon with proven expertise.
You now have accurate information and a direct contact to an exceptional surgeon. Dr. Anthony Kameen and his exceptional staff are looking forward to meeting with you. You questions and concerns are welcome.
Thank you for visiting us at Trusted LASIK Surgeons.