Dr. Karl Stonecipher, M.D.
Trusted LASIK Surgeons
Dr. Karl Stonecihper, M.D.
Appointments and Information
Contact for your free LASIK consultation with a true LASIK expert who is a trusted eye surgeon and vision care specialist. Dr. Stonecipher's exceptional qualifications are listed below.
The Laser Center - Greensboro, NC
3312 Battleground Avenue, Suite 102
Greensboro, NC 27410
The Laser Center-Raleigh, NC
10321 Lumley Road, Suite 101
Raleigh, NC 27617
Credentials and Qualifications
Dr. Karl Stoneciper has extensive qualifications that we estimate place him among the top LASIK and refractive surgeons in the United States.
For your convenience, these credentials and criteria have been grouped by Experience, Patient Care and Credentials. In addition, Dr. Stonecipher has included some additional career highlights that while not used by Trusted LASIK Surgeons in our screening process, clearly supplement his highly distinguished career.
Dr. Stonecipher's qualifications and credentials as one of the top LASIK surgeons include:
- Over 20 years experience in laser vision surgery, including LASIK
- Over 20 years experience in refractive surgery (laser vision, lens implants and RK)
- Performed over 50,000 LASIK and laser vision procedures
- Dr. Stonecipher has been involved in multiple FDA trials as the principal investigator or co-investigator over the last 20 years involving laser technology, lens technology, device technology, and pharmaceutical products
- Research Grants
- Moria CB Disposable Microkeratome in LASIK
- Wavelight Allegretto Excimer Laser-LASIK for Myopia, Hyperopia, and Astigmatism
- Ciba Vision-Pain management in PRK
Allergan-Dry eye syndrome: Treatment with Cyclosporin
- Tulane Biomedical Research Support Grant - Infectious Endophthalmitis
- Medical Student Research Grant - Research to Prevent Blindness. The Gustavus and Louise Pfeiffer FoundationSt. Giles Foundation - Radioprotective agents in Ophthalmology
Premier Patient Care
- Use of Intralase system for “All-Laser” or “Bladeless” LASIK
- Use of Wavefront Based (“Custom”) LASIK and PRK
- Use of Allegretto Wavelight LASIK and PRK
- Use of iLASIK Procedure- WaveScan Technology, Intralase, and Visx Advanced CustomVue treatments
- Offers complete refractive surgery care, including LASIK, PRK, RLE / CLE, Phakic Implants, Limbal Relaxing Incisions, and cataract lens implants procedures
- Management of complications of surgery for new patients who had problems from a LASIK or other vision correction procedure performed by another doctor
- Other eye surgeons, optometrists, opticians, employees of companies that specialize in refractive surgery instrumentation or their family members have had their LASIK and other refractive surgeries performed by Dr. Stonecipher
- Multiple professional athletes have had refractive surgery with Dr. Stonecipher
- Director, The Laser Center-Greensboro
- Director, The Laser Center-Raleigh
- Past Faculty Appointments
- Professional Society and Organizations (Membership and Affiliations)
- Certified by American Board of Ophthalmology
- Consulting Positions (for companies that develop lasers and other ophthalmic products)
- Numerous peer-reviewed scientific journal articles published plus other articles for non peer-reviewed publications
- Dr. Stonecipher regularly speaks nationally and internationally on the latest topics of and surrounding refractive surgery and has given well over 100 lectures
Additional Career Highlights
- Award of Excellence for Outstanding Paper-24th Annual C.S. O’Brien Professorship and 12th Annual Tulane Eye Alumni Day, 1989
- Award of Excellence for Outstanding Paper-Southern Medical Association-Ophthalmology, 1989
- Best Paper of Session-ASCRS, 1994
- VISX Star, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
- Intralase Pioneer, 2003
- Top Fifty Opinion Leaders -CRST, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
- Undergraduate: Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX,
- B.S. Biology
- B.S. Chemistry
- Phi Eta Sigma - Academic Honors
- Alpha Lambda Delta - Academic Honors
- Beta Beta Beta - Academic Honors
- Phi Beta Kappa - Academic Honors
Minnie L. Moffit Award - Academic Scholarship
Undergraduate Honors Research Award
Cum Laude Graduate
- Medical School: University of Oklahoma School of Medicine, Oklahoma City, OK
- Oklahoma State Medical Association - House Delegate
- Oklahoma County Medical Society -Student Representative
- Oklahoma County Medical Society -Student Representative
- Moderator - OSMA 1st Annual Student Section
- Class of 1986- Treasurer 1984-86
- Internship: University of Oklahoma - Transitional Program, Oklahoma City, OK
- Residency: Tulane Medical Center, New Orleans, LA
- Fellowship Training in Cornea and Keratorefractive Surgery: McGee Eye Institute, Oklahoma City, OK
Karl Stonecipher, M.D., is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center and completed his residency in Ophthalmology at Tulane University. Dr. Stonecipher received a fellowship in cornea and refractive surgery at the McGee Eye Institute with J. James Rowsey, MD. Dr. Stonecipher has practiced ophthalmology in the Greensboro area for more than a decade. Dr. Stonecipher's refractive experience dates back to 1987, and he has performed more than 35,000 procedures. Dr. Stonecipher has been certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology since 1992.
Dr. Stonecipher’s memberships include the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the International Society for Refractive Surgeons, Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, and American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery. Dr. Stonecipher has over 100 abstracts, articles, and book chapters published nationally and internationally, and speaks nationally and internationally on Refractive and Corneal Surgery. He is currently involved in FDA trials for the Study of Cornea, Cataract, and Refractive Surgery.
Dr. Stonecipher was born and raised in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. He and his wife, Lynne, have two children, Megan and Kody, and live in Greensboro, North Carolina.
View Greensboro and Raleigh LASIK Surgeon Karl Stonecipher's Curriculum Vitae (coming soon)
Contact today for your consultation with a trusted expert LASIK eye surgeon and vision care specialist. You now have accurate information and a direct contact to an exceptional surgeon. Dr. Karl Stonecipher and his exceptional staff are looking forward to meeting with you. You questions and concerns are welcome. Thank you for visiting us at Trusted LASIK Surgeons.