While other surgeons may say they are the best, how you can you really trust that you’ve found the best surgeon for your vision correction needs?
Our directory of LASIK, cataract, and vision correction surgeons only features expert surgeons who have been screened based on experience, professional accomplishments and premier patient care.
We believe you can trust with confidence the LASIK and cataract surgeons found here for your vision correction needs, since all surgeon featured at featured in Trusted LASIK Surgeons have proven professional accomplishments and experience.
10 Reasons to Use Trusted LASIK Surgeons™
Why the Surgeons Featured Here Are Among the Most Trusted Eye Surgeons You Can Find in the World
- Trusted for FDA Studies and as Certified Trainers By Manufacturers. Most of the refractive surgeons listed at the Trusted LASIK Surgeons website have been trusted by the manufacturers of lasers and other refractive surgery medical devices to serve as investigators in FDA studies for new medical devices or as certified trainers for lasers and other medical devices used in vision correction surgery. We estimate that the range of LASIK and cataract surgeons in the United States have participated in an FDA study as a principal or co-investigator is between one and five percent.
- Trusted When Things Go Wrong. People who have significant complications from a LASIK, cataract or another vision correction surgery that was first performed by another doctors often select a surgeon featured in our directory to manage and treat these complications. Many of the surgeons have also been recognized and retained in for their expertise in case review and expert testimony concerning a refractive surgery procedure performed by another eye surgeon.
- Trusted by Eye Professionals For Their Own Surgery. Every surgeon featured in our directory has been trusted to perform laser vision, refractive and/or cataract surgery procedures by other eye surgeons, optometrists, opticians, and/or other vision care professionals as well as their families members
- Trusted For Research in the Field of Ophthalmology. Most of the surgeons featured on our web site have been actively involved in research on LASIK, Cataract and other refractive surgeries as well as medications. Consequently, these surgeons are trusted by the major ophthalmology organizations to give presentations to their peers and they are trusted by the top ophthalmology journals that publish their articles and research.
- Trusted by Medical Schools for Faculty Appointments. Many, and likely most of the surgeons listed in our directory are or have been trusted by the ophthalmology departments of medical schools at universities with faculty appointments to assist in the teaching and training of enrolled residents and fellows.
- Complete Refractive Surgeons: Beyond LASIK™. Most of the LASIK surgeons listed in our directory offer not just LASIK, but cataract surgery or other refractive surgery procedures to provide patients with more complete vision correction care. To offer other refractive surgery procedures (like lens implants or laser cataract surgery) a surgeon must be certified by the manufacturer to perform a range of refractive surgery procedures, not just those involving lasers (like LASIK and PRK) but also those surgeries that take place inside the eye (such as lens implants). As previously noted, many of the surgeons found here at Trusted LASIK Surgeons train other refractive surgeons in the use of medical devices used to perform LASIK and other vision correction procedures.
In addition, nearly all of the surgeons featured on the Trusted LASIK Surgeons web site offer "all-laser" or bladeless LASIK procedures and have been certified by at least one laser manufacturer to perform “Custom” (or wavefront-based) laser eye surgery. The combination of all-laser and Wavefront-based procedures has been shown to increase the percentage of patients achieving 20/20 vision or better and to reduce the frequency of night vision complaints.
- Experience. Nearly all of the surgeons listed at Trusted LASIK Surgeons have at least 10 years of experience in LASIK and laser vision correction surgery. Most of the surgeons featured in our directory who perform cataract surgery have over 10 years of experience in cataract and lens implant surgical procedures. The LASIK and cataract surgeons featured here at Trusted LASIK Surgeons have typically performed thousands of vision correction procedures (and many have performed tens of thousands).
- Best of Both Worlds. You can get the best of both worlds - a highly qualified surgeon with proven expertise at a price you can afford- when you choose a surgeon from our directory. We understand cost can be an issue when it comes to LASIK. No doubt you've seen or heard promises by LASIK surgeons who advertise LASIK at discounted rates or make great sounding guarantees. When it sounds too good to be true, there's usually a catch.
To help you determine the true price of LASIK surgery and avoid the unpleasant surprise of additional fees that were not disclosed in an ad or call to a LASIK center, please visit our True Cost of LASIK Discussion and download our one-page True LASIK Price Consumer Checklist. These resources can help you determine the actual price charged with LASIK surgery that includes all of the latest technology that is often added to the initial price advertised or quoted by discount LASIK centers.
We recommend calling and finding out exactly what the costs are before scheduling a consultation with any LASIK doctor.
- Board Certified. All of the surgeons listed at the Trusted LASIK Surgeons web site have been certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology, which is the oldest and most reputable certifying board for medical doctors specializing in ophthalmology.
- Members of Nationwide Ophthalmology Organizations. All of the doctors listed in our Directory are members of American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) and nearly every surgeon is also a member of at least one other major refractive society. Most of the surgeons are active in numerous national, international and local professional organizations. In our opinion, professional membership and activity demonstrate a proven commitment by a surgeon to provide the best care possible to patients.
The surgeons typically meet over 8 of the minimum number of qualifications to be featured in our directory of LASIK, refractive and cataract surgery and most meet over 11 of the 12 standards we use. In our opinion, more than 20% of all refractive surgeons would not meet even 7 of the qualifications we used in our screening process, and, consequently, are would not even be eligible to be listed in our directory.
Qualifications of Surgeons Featured at Trusted LASIK Surgeons
We use 12 standards to qualify surgeons featured in our directory of LASIK and cataract surgeons.
In order to qualify for membership in our directory, a surgeon must typically meet at least 8 of the 12 qualifications. Most surgeons featured in our directory meet over 11 and many, if not most of these experts, meet and exceed all of the 12 standards we use to screen surgeons.
We believe that fewer than 20% of all refractive surgeons in the United States (and worldwide) would meet even 7 of the qualifications we use in our screen process, and, consequently, would not even be eligible to be listed in our directory.
Take control of your vision today… in 3 simple steps.
- Review. Review the profile of a surgeon featured in our vision correction surgery experts directory.
- Compare. Compare the qualifications of a surgeon you find here with other eye doctors you are considering.
- Choose. Choose your expert vision correction surgeon from our directory with confidence.
Once you have located a surgeon you are interested in contacting from our directory of LASIK and cataract surgeons, we invite you to review the surgeon’s profile and compare their qualifications with other doctors you are considering.
When you meet with a surgeon listed in our directory of LASIK and cataract and refractive experts, please tell the surgeon and their staff that you found them through Trusted LASIK Surgeons. Thank you.